Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Kings Point NY US 11024
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20451-BZ1
Compensation : open - 55-65/h
Start Date : 02/22/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for electro-mechanical design of rugged military displays.
- Responsible for 3D CAD design using SolidWorks.
- Responsible for Design for Manufacturing (DfM).
- Design to Mil-Std-810 and DO-160 specifications.
- Work with machine shop for fabrication and tooling.
- Responsible for shock and vibration design and analysis.
- Work with electrical engineers on product development.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in designing mechanical devices per military specifications.
- Minimum 10 years Mechanical Design Experience.
- Experience in 3D CAD design, preferably SolidWorks.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Experience in robust product design including familiarity with Mil-Std-810 and DO-160 is highly preferred.
- Understanding of design for ease of manufacture.
- Experience in machine shop fabrication, tools, and processes preferred.
- Knowledge of material properties and fastening hardware preferred.
- Experience in mechanical design for shock and vibration preferred.
- Ability to work with electrical engineers for product development.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky