Senior Mechanical Designer - MEP
Location : New Rochelle NY US 10801
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20759-BZ1
Compensation : open - 38-42/h
Start Date : 10/15/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : AAS CAD Technology or Engineering Technology
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Senior Mechanical Designer to direct, organize and manage all CAD related work as assigned.
- Prepare accurate, quality work products. Ensure that plans are in compliance with all project and Company standards.
- Work with Design Engineers to coordinate the generation of accurate, presentable engineering drawings from redlines or other design schematics provided.
- Performs effective client coordination in a timely manner, scheduling, monitoring and ensuring that projects are completed on time.
- Work with external parties (clients, vendors, consultants) to coordinate all project specific CAD related work and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Coordinate workload with CAD drafters and Engineers as needed.
- Provide knowledgeable support of Auto CAD 2018 or above.
- Create diagrams, floor plans, elevations, section-cuts, cross-sections, schedules in AutoCAD from redlines provided by Design Engineers.
- Initially be working on large multi-family residential systems, and could also work on campuses including University and Health Care.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Construction Science, AAS CAD Technology or AAS Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 5 years experience with AutoCAD and Revit/BIM.
- Experience with AutoCAD MEP is a plus.
- Experience in “Behind-the-meter” Energy Projects including heat pumps, boiler systems (hot water, steam), chilled water systems, hydronic loops, piping distribution, and power systems.
- Knowledgeable in energy system equipment and components, and have some field experience that is applied to design.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky