Senior Mechanical Engineer - A&E
Location : New York NY US 10013
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20967-MK1
Compensation : 150000.00 - 200000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/28/2022
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for an architectural and engineering (A&E) firm based in New York City.
- Conduct engineering calculations, load calculations, equipment selection, energy analysis, psychrometric chart controls, fixture loading, pressure loss, ducts sizing, writing specifications, etc.
- Perform studies to review and evaluate existing mechanical systems and provide solution to address specific client’s goals including energy and / or performance improvements, equipment upgrade / replacement, end of life evaluation considering costs, available space, time limitations, energy goals, project timeline and related economic factors.
- Review and approve field design change requests prepared by field and area engineers.
- Interface with project managers and field staff throughout the design and construction of projects.
- Complete code required energy compliance documents and LEED calculations / certifications.
- Act as a senior technical person for the assigned projects.
- Identify value engineering and constructability options on projects designed in-house as well as those designed by outside consultants.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- PE license required.
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with Green Building initiatives a plus.
- Minimum 15 years industry experience.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Fully versed in local and State codes including International and NYC Mechanical, Building, Energy Conservation, and Fire Protection codes.
- Proficiency in MEP AutoCAD and Revit a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman