Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location : Clifton NJ US 07013
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20991-BZ1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/12/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer / Principal Engineer for design and development of electromechanical medical devices.
- Review and helps to develop product specifications .
- Conduct conceptual design studies using MCAD design tools.
- Collaborate with Corporate Design on product appearance and function.
- Perform detailed mechanical design work using MCAD design tools.
- Analyze mechanical engineering data using computer-aided analysis and classical techniques to verify that designs meet requirements.
- Coordinate the mechanical design schedule with the electrical engineering and software engineering efforts.
- Develop prototype hardware using internal manufacturing resources as well as outside vendors.
- Test product to verify that designs meet specification requirements such as environmental, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Generate documentation supporting the design.
- Coordinate the project plan, budget and time lines.
- Provides technical leadership for junior mechanical engineers.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design and product development of electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience with technical supervision of projects or sub-projects.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA, IEC and UL standards relating to medical electronic equipment.
- Formal training in basic and advanced topics in Pro/Engineer or SolidWorks.
- Background that includes the design of molded plastic or cast parts, sheet metal, cabling, and PCB’s.
- Familiarity with dimensioning and tolerancing, thermal and structural analysis.
- Expert proficiency with MCAD/CAE software and database management software is strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Project is strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate test equipment such as temperature/humidity chambers, chart recorders, simulators, DVM’s and oscilloscopes.
- Familiarity and the ability to operate basic shop equipment such as a drill press, lathe, milling machine, brake and shear.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky