Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19450-DE1
Compensation : 125000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from initial design efforts to formal design, testing and manufacturing of noise, vibration, and shock attenuation solutions.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement).
- Design systems and components that meet customer requirements.
- Produce preliminary designs.
- Conduct experiments, analyze data and interpret results.
- Test and evaluate design models.
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Evaluate product performance, reliability, durability and safety.
- Estimate budget and scope of project.
- Prepare internal and external product reports and documentation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering with focus on design of dynamics systems.
- Minimum 7 years experience with noise, vibration and shock mitigation technologies, solutions, & products.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with elastomer technology both in rubber and silicon.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM), and FEA modeling and analysis.
- Experienced in working with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., Solidworks and others).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing and conducting performance and qualification tests.
- Experienced in working with mathematical computing and analysis tools (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc.).
- Solid understanding of core concepts including elastomer design, rubber to metal mechanics, mechanical packaging, materials science etc.
- Travel domestically is 10% to 15%, international is 5%.
- Must be a US Citizen as position with a defense contractor.
Contact: Darren Elg