Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20357-MK1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/02/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for electro-mechanical design of rugged military electronic systems. Thermal analysis and design of electronic enclosures.
- Modify and REDLINE existing designs based on specifications from production, customers and sales.
- Lead architecting and integrating complex system designs.
- Design for EMC/EMI requirements.
- Create product documentation including wiring list, mechanical parts list, and build of materials (BOM).
- Create designs using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Provide hands-on experience and manufacturing support.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting with internal and external teams.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years' work experience with at least 2-4 years' in Defense or Aerospace industry.
- Strong understanding of Solidworks file data management and part libraries.
- Strong understanding of designing in Solidworks software.
- Experience with MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Experience with metal enclosure designs and coating techniques, painting, silkscreen, anodizing, and graphics overlays.
- Experience with EMC and EMI requirements.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time.
- US Citizen required as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman