Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20181-MM1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/02/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for electro-mechanical actuation design for Aerospace and Defense applications including Missile Fin Control Actuation Systems, High Bandwidth Linear Actuation, and Utility Actuation.
- Responsible for Product Life Cycle Engineering.
- Development of new concepts and proposal solutions.
- Work with manufacturing and design trade-offs (practical implementation of designs).
- Development and validation of performance models.
- Geartrain Design and Stress Analysis based on industry standard practices.
- Support cost proposal activity, including manufacturing and design cost assessment.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional project team focused on development of customer funded projects as well as IR&D projects.
- Perform and coordinate design analysis using ANSYS, Matlab, and other CAE tools.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years required, 3-5 years' experience preferred, in an aerospace motion control engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ANSYS, Matlab and other CAE software.
- New product development experience required.
- Experience as a member of a cross-functional project team focused on development of customer funded projects and/or IR&D projects required.
- Spur and Planetary geartrain design experience required.
- Must be able to work on U.S. government programs and/or obtain security clearance in the future.
- Solid understanding of aerospace and defense markets and requirements preferred.
- Systems design, development and integration experience preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Mark Manz