Senior Optical Engineering Manager
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20523-BZ-MM1
Compensation : 175000.00 - 210000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/09/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering or Physics
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Senior Optical Engineering Manager for optical engineering to lead engineers, scientists, technicians to develop new optical products.
- Responsible for all optical fabrication production engineering requirements.
- Create requirements for Design Engineering that pertain to new optical fabrication concepts.
- New product introduction (NPI) - develop product and processes and transition to production.
- Responsible for determining manufacturability of new products and manage product escalations, review and resolve quality issues and oversee long-term product roadmaps and equipment requirements.
- As part of the engineering leadership team, the incumbent will be focused on the areas below for volume and NPI program execution.
- Manage group that provides sustaining engineering support for the Optical Fabrication group.
- Manage group that develops processes that support the introduction of new products for the Optical Fabrication Group.
- Partner with D&E to determine the manufacturability of new and existing designed optical components.
- Develop labor hour roadmap for optics produced.
- Ensure that process development and new capital is introduced to achieve the targets in roadmap.
- Develop cycle time roadmap for optics produced.
- Manage department budget to control and predict overhead spending.
- Manage budget for procurement of new optical fabrication equipment and tooling.
- Ensure cost effectiveness, quality and timely introduction to the fabrication process.
- Lead all aspects of People management including engagement, motivations and development of engineering team.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or equivalent sciences.
- Master's degree in Engineering/Optics discipline a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of optical engineering experience
- Leadership in various business roles in manufacturing, engineering and/or other functions related to the planning and execution of production output.
- Leadership skills to influence manufacturing and engineering.
- Ability to provide clear and concise presentation and persuasive communications to all levels of the organization.
- Requires 20-25% travel to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
Contact: Mark Manz