Senior Packaging Manager
Location : Livingston NJ US 07039
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20186-AS1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/09/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Packaging Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Packaging Engineer / Manager to provide technical support with all package related activities.
- Responsible for managing the technical aspects of developing packages (3D design, engineering, modeling, etc.).
- Work with executive management and sales as well as interacting directly with customers and factories for cosmetic production.
- Identify viable packaging options and alternatives.
- Analyze and approve technical drawings through tolerance and stack up evaluations on critical assemblies.
- Define and engineer technical concepts according to company and customer standards.
- Review and resolve issues with data, consumer complaints, support of quality, etc.
- Assess and resolve packaging design problems on existing items.
- Manage multiple projects to meet established timelines.
- Management of new tooling development and validation.
- Communicate with overseas factories.
- Define testing plans, analyze and interpret results.
- Troubleshoot technical issues (supplier, plant, distribution, quality, etc.).
Required Qualifications :
- BS Packaging Engineering or related engineering.
- Minimum 8 years experience in cosmetic packaging design and development.
- Experience utilizing SolidWorks for design.
- Experience with plant operations and contract manufacturing.
- Experience with injection molding, blow molding and finishing techniques.
- Experience with evaluation of packaging materials.
- Up to 10% travel to suppliers and plants.
Contact: Alex Salewycz