Senior Planner, Aerospace
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20303-JF1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/09/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5
Required Education : BS Industrial Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Planner to review sales orders to identify customer specified contractual requirement for part numbers ordered, delivery, quality and other miscellaneous stipulations.
- Identify material requirements as specified by engineering blue prints, Bills of Material (BOM) and assembly specifications.
- Compile and prepare material requirement plan's in the form of Microsoft Project Reports.
- Prepare orders for inventory.
- Issue requisitions for new and special-order materials for make/buy activities to determine if in-house or subcontract machining of parts is required.
- Plan, enter, schedule and prepare production work order packages.
- Correlate planning and provide preliminary information with the Machine Shop,
- Compile and prepare material requirement orders for inventory.
- Support individual components and complete assembly procurement.
- Responsible for reviewing and verifying shop order specifications, detail routings, number of pieces, release date, shipping date, etc. for released work orders.
- Revise and reschedule orders to compensate for rush order priorities, material shortages, vendor rejections and/or failure to deliver to Plan or customer cancellations. Establish manufacturing lead time on regular orders to meet delivery commitments.
- Work closely with the Production Control Manager, Contracts, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Control to achieve production goals and conformance with delivery date commitments and customer requirements.
- Report irregularities to the Production Control Manager and assist in corrective measures.
- Responsible for accurate planning data in ERP system
Required Qualifications :
- BS Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of production planning experience in an Automotive, Aerospace or Manufacturing production environment.
- Familiarity with production control systems, products, components and materials, manufacturing procedures, etc.
- MRP / ERP experience with either SAP or Epicor is desired.
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Ability to identify process improvements or identify risk and work with leadership to enact, resolve or mitigate them with leadership
- Ability to partner with the operations teams to ensure parts are moving through facility in accordance with or ahead of schedule
- Proficient in MS Excel, Experience with MS Project desired.
Contact: John Forsatz