Senior Principal Analysis Engineer - Navigation Algorithm Development
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20194-MM1
Compensation : open - 120-140k
Start Date : 04/13/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical , Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Senior Principal Analysis Engineer for development of Inertial / GPS system navigation algorithms and Kalman filters for use in air, land and sea products.
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience in the design of Kalman filters, algorithms, and modeling/simulation for use in inertial navigation systems and extensive knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of INS and GPS Kalman filters and navigation algorithms.
- Responsible for requirements determination, trade studies, algorithm designs and performance analyses required to develop robust Kalman filter solutions.
- Performance analysis includes inertial sensor model development, system optimization and Monte Carlo assessments utilizing Matlab or other appropriate tools.
- Additional responsibilities will be to develop compensation and sensor fusion solutions.
- Development and test of Compensation, Navigation, and Guidance Algorithms and associated requirements.
- Coding of Compensation, Navigation, and Guidance Algorithms in Higher Order Computer Languages.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) system and test environment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering (MS preferred)
- Minimum 10 years experience in navigation, Kalman filters and navigation algorithm design, development and test.
- Experience with modeling and simulation of inertial navigation sensors, algorithm mechanizations and sensor fusion techniques.
- Experience with C/C++ programming.
- Proficient with modeling and simulation using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Experience with integrating various aids (GPS, celestial, odometer, DVL, barometer, terrain mapping) for improving performance (heading and navigation) of inertial systems.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance.
Contact: Mark Manz