Senior Principal Process Engineer - Ethylene Technology
Location : Nutley NJ US 07110
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20174-JF1
Start Date : 03/18/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Engineer to work as a Senior Principal Process Technology Engineer and lead major project teams or task forces in different technologies, including "first-of-a-kind technologies."
- Contribute to continuous improvement of more than one technical area and improves project execution.
- Take initiative in making decisions both within and outside established procedures and guidelines when required.
- Reviews and approves project design documentation.
- Leads kick-off meetings, client review meetings, plant start-ups and performance test runs as required.
- Trains subordinates in the use of process tools and procedures as well as technology.
- Supervises the process team and coordinates with other disciplines, as required.
- Supervises the preparation of reports and Supervisory Operating Manuals.
- Answers operating and production questions after start-up and test run.
- Responsible for reviews and follow-up during the detailed engineering work cycle.
- Presents at conferences and trade shows, customer meetings and internal presentations.
- Performs other assignments as required.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience, plus 3 years experience as a Principal.
- Expertise in Ethylene technical specialty.
- Solid knowledge of Chemical Engineering disciplines.
- Ability to take initiative in making decisions in areas of technical expertise.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to initiate and implement new projects.
- Ability to introduce new tools and knowledge.
- Ability to supervise and schedule the work effort of a project team.
- Ability to interact successfully with internal and external clients in all areas of expertise.
- Ability to make technical presentations.
- Ability to travel and lead field assignments.
- Ability to lead projects in different technologies, including first of a kind.
- Ability to supervise team members and to advise and mentor in areas of expertise covering a wide range of process engineering.
SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Contact: John Forsatz