Senior Process Engineer
Location : Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20666-AS1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/11/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Polymer Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Process Engineer for development of plastic processes for high tolerance plastic parts.
- Perform Design of Experiments (DOE) on all new tooling programs to establish the optimum molding/manufacturing process.
- Create and maintain all process and/or manufacturing related documentation.
- Assist Molding Technicians and Quality personnel with any process and/or manufacturing related issues.
- Be a Leader of the Molding Department’s Continuous Improvement Team.
- Participate as a member of the new program development/quoting team.
- Participate as a member of the APQP Project team as it relates to Molding Tooling.
- Participate in all ISO, QS, and TS internal and external audits related to the Molding department.
- Promote cleanliness and safety policies and procedures throughout the entire Company.
- Assist in design and fabrication for new mold tooling and identify needed molding technologies (equipment / sensoring) to advance capabilities.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Polymer Engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years experience with plastic process development of high tolerance plastic parts.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering grade plastics as it relates to plastic processing.
- Advanced knowledge of Mold tooling required.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) as it relates to plastic processing.
- Scientific molding expertise: Master Molder preferred.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a driven self-starter with the ability to multi-task and set priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a team player with the ability to interact effectively across departments
- Experience with windows-based PC programs, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- ISO, QS, and TS knowledge preferred.
- Bi-Lingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
Contact: Alex Salewycz