Senior Program Manager - Aerospace
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20493-MK1
Compensation : open - 145-180k
Start Date : 03/18/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Senior Program Manager to lead multiple, concurrent development programs through proposal, funding, development, qualification and volume production.
- Coordinate and influence internal engineering, operations, business development, finance and contracts teams.
- Act customer advocate and primary point of contact.
- Perform project planning, progress measurement, scope control, and ensure execution to goals through financial and program based milestones.
- Responsible for business development and participation in market segment strategy.
- Create and release of project Work Breakdown Structure with approved budgets.
- Create and maintain project Integrated Master Schedule.
- Facilitate IPD Process compliance by completing required Initiating Activities, Design Reviews, and Gate Review requirements.
- Facilitate internal and customer weekly team meetings with documentation of minutes and maintenance of Action Item Lists.
- Create Monthly Program Review materials for assigned projects and presenting to Executive Leadership.
- Responsible for achievement of NRE Cost, Design to Cost, and Schedule performance against budget for assigned projects.
- Review and creation of material and/or labor plans and cost reports.
- Resolution and coordination of project cost, schedule, and technical performance issues.
- Monitor and control of project scope.
- Escalation of issues or risks that cannot be resolved at the project team level.
- Identify opportunities to grow business content with associated projects and customers.
- Support significant proposals with related PMO inputs.
- Initiating and scrubbing proposal Bases of Estimates and Schedules.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering Degree required
- Minimum 15 years of program management experience with aerospace manufacturing and programs.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing technologies is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people management skills.
- General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, and quality systems.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability obtain and maintain DoD security clearance, as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman