Senior Project Engineer - Medical Devices
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20736-MM1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/28/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Project Engineer who manages the research, design, documentation, and validation activities of medical products.
- Review CAD models and drawing specifications for new products and surgical instruments.
- Work with clinical advisors to develop new surgical medical devices and instrument technologies.
- Work with suppliers to optimize processes and lead-times.
- Participate in cadaveric studies and observe surgical procedures.
- Complete activities necessary to verify/validate new designs.
- Prepare test protocols, review test results, and prepare reports for new devices.
- Complete design control documentation for design history files.
- Work with cross functional teams such as quality, regulatory, manufacturing, operations, sales, and marketing to meet project goals.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience in a related field (Medical Device Preferred).
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Project Leader.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Pro/Engineer CAD software
- Experience with GD&T.
- Knowledge of medical grade metals and plastics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes.
Contact: Mark Manz