Senior Project Engineer
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20752-MK1
Compensation : 96000.00 - 106000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/12/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Engineer to support Federal and State regulated public water systems, including project and construction management.
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Use advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments.
- Work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Act as an alternate for the owner/operator of a public dam in accordance with the Dam Emergency Action Plan.
- Review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Develop new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
- Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments.
- Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering
- Maintenance of a New Jersey Basic Driver’s License.
- New Jersey Professional Engineering license.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in an engineering or related technical environment.
- Excellent comprehension, written and oral skills so that involved and complicated instructions and technical documents can be read, understood, produced and communicated.
- Excellent organizational, project and construction management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Demonstrated proficiency in engineering applications as defined by the Chief Engineer as part of the position work plan, i.e. AutoCAD, GIS, hydraulic modeling, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leadership and supervision.
Contact: Monique Kleiman