Senior Project Manager, Petrochem - Hiring during COVID
Location : Nutley NJ US 07110
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20179-JF1
Start Date : 03/25/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Engineer to work as the Senior Project Manager responsible for overall management and control of all phases of a project or study.
- Responsible for making decisions both within and outside established procedures and guidelines, based on past experience.
- Manages costs and maintains gross margins for assigned projects, proposals and studies.
- Responsible for control and execution of an assigned project or project area within schedule and budget.
- Coordinate activities between all disciplines.
- Main client contact within business group after project award through plant acceptance.
- Coordinates plant check-out, commissioning, troubleshooting and plant modifications.
- Responsible for central filing and follow-up activities for each assigned project or study.
- Issues project job instructions, develops project schedule and issues job quality plan when applicable.
- Develops a body of information in areas of expertise, allowing identification of potential risks/problems and contributes to solutions.
- Influential or persuasive communication that convinces others to accept ideas put forth, both internal and external.
- Uses diverse approaches to develop criteria for making high quality decisions in the absence of a definitive framework.
- Organizes and leads complex projects that have a significant impact on the company.
- Customer contacts are established and used effectively to promote customer satisfaction.
- Uses, promotes, and advances the principles of Quality as an integral part of the work process.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing project execution and coordinating project teams.
- Solid knowledge of chemical engineering disciplines.
- Working knowledge of industry specifications and standards.
- Ability to plan and schedule the work effort for a project team.
- Ability to direct all phases of a project.
- Basic knowledge of detailed engineering, construction and start-up activities.
- Familiarity with procurement.
- Good understanding of process technologies and other licensors.
- Detailed understanding of cost aspects of a project.
- Familiarity with typical contractual terms and conditions.
- Familiarity with negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently in areas of responsibility.
- Normal office working conditions, includes 20% -30% travel.
SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Contact: John Forsatz