Senior Project Manager
Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19744-AS1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/06/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Project Manager, managing the execution of large and complex EPC projects from pre-contract award to final handover, ensuring the project meets technical, commercial and contractual commitments while keeping focus on the customer's satisfaction.
- Projects are custom designed and turnkey, consisting of extensive steel structures, tanks, large ducting and piping, heat exchangers, mechanical and electrical rotating equipment, instrumentation and control, worldwide transport and sometimes field erection.
- Develops a complete understanding of the contract and relevant project technical specifications.
- Provides strong, effective and decisive project leadership.
- Establishes and maintains project monitoring and reporting systems to track project documentation; key deliverables; delivery strategy; risks, dates and cost information.
- Actively participate in the development and review of each principal project document deliverable.
- Constantly verify that project execution is in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and project standards.
- Travel to visit both client and major supplier's facilities as needed, both domestic and international.
- Create reports and give presentations to senior company and client management.
- Monitors obligations of suppliers and subcontractors before approval is granted for invoice payment
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes between the company and its clients and suppliers
- Provide a close out and lessons learned report at project completion.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required.
- PE License a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience executing and managing engineering and construction projects in the Power, Energy or related markets.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective client-supplier relations in order to achieve genuine co-operation, prompt receipt of payment and stimulate the desire to award follow-on work.
- Experienced with contractual legal terms and technical specifications.
- Position requires 10% travel.
Contact: Alex Salewycz