Senior Quality Engineer
Location : New Haven CT US 06520
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19946-MK1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/09/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Quality Engineer to develop and improve our manufacturing processes and assist in the implementation of the quality policies and systems.
- Responsible for the process design and implementation for new products and continuous improvement opportunities, improve industrial processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality reporting measures.
- Monitor and analyze processes and/or product outputs, identifying systemic problems and opportunity areas, providing data and direction to the site(s), and work with team members to drive process improvements to work toward zero-defect quality performance.
- Lead the improvement of existing/new policies and procedures to maximize productivity while ensuring ongoing compliance with AS9100, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Create, monitor and manage Corrective Actions. Report CA to customers.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Participate in Training as required.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional level quality experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Supervisory role.
- Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management and/or process improvement methodologies, preferably in the aerospace industry.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably to include welding and/or brazing.
- Thorough knowledge of process improvement methods and techniques, such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Familiar with product development and application.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Highly proficient with the various MS Office programs.
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% domestic and international.
Contact: Monique Kleiman