Senior RF Design Engineer
Location : Albany NY US 12208
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20827-MM1
Compensation : 125000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/15/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : MS Electrical Engineering or Physics
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Design Engineer for mmWave, µWave, RF antennas and passive / active circuit design from concept to production.
- Design, simulate and test mm wave phased array antennas, and other antennas using simulators.
- Assist junior engineers and designers in their tasks in the design process.
- Create test plans and drive Design Verification Testing Requirements.
- Interface with customers, sales, and marketing personnel to discuss new requirements and answer questions about products.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual description, and final performance goals.
- Assemble cost and time estimates for the design process as well as forecast production costs for management review.
- Design, build and test prototypes and carry through to production of the designed units.
- Lead review meetings to discuss and evaluate progress in the design.
- Present papers and write articles about newly developed products.
- Work in an ISO driven design / production environment
- Compile specifications, test and progress reports.
- Write operation and use manuals and other exhibits that may be required.
- Work in a non-basic research environment; it is engineering that will be beneficial to a manufacturing company.
- Interpret customer specifications and perform the necessary preliminary designs and simulations to attain customer approval for the project.
Required Qualifications :
- MS Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Minimum 5 years in RF design engineering in a commercial setting.
- Experience with 3D Electromagnetic Simulation, Linear and Non-Linear RF Circuit analyzers, RF Measurements, and RF Propagation
- Experience with RF Antenna Measurement procedures including antenna beam pattern, EIRP and gain.
- Experience with design of RF / Microwave Passive Circuits.
- Experience with design of Phased Array Antennas.
- Experience with 3D simulation for antenna arrays, parabolic antennas, and horn antennas,
- Experience with log-periodic antennas, SIW, microstrip to waveguide transitions, and couplers.
- Good understanding of antenna design fundamentals, optimization of performance and methods of verification.
- Experience with design techniques of reflectors and lenses.
Contact: Mark Manz