Senior Systems Engineer, Avionics - Hiring during COVID
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20207-MM1
Compensation : open - 50-65/h
Start Date : 05/12/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Senior Systems Engineer for system engineering and system software testing for avionic navigational products.
- Responsible for the system definition, design, integration and test of next generation inertial measurement and navigation products and solutions for use in aircraft, UAV's, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms.
- Work with both hardware and software for avionics systems responsible for integration and test of advanced navigation equipment in the laboratory and field environment(s).
- Lead system development activities within a certified quality management environment and comprehend and adhere to defined work procedures and instructions.
- Lead the application of system engineering processes and discipline across the company.
- Define, implement, and conduct continuous improvements associated with system engineering and processes.
- Support new business pursuits and proposal preparation that address program technical requirements and associated schedule and costs.
- Responsible for managing technical schedule and cost for the assigned projects.
- Interface with both commercial and military customers in technical program definition and execution.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Aerospace, Computer, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 7 years experience in aerospace and/or defense system engineering and associated system software testing.
- In depth technical experience with Inertial Navigation System (INS), Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) applications is required.
- Experience in communication bus standards and operation (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, RS-422, ethernet, spacewire) and familiarity with software / firmware development standards (DO-178B, DO-254) required.
- Strong Knowledge (Proficiency preferred) in DOORS, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available.
- Must be a US Citizen or be a US Permanent Residence Card Holder.
- Some travel for customer reviews and meetings.
Contact: Mark Manz