Senior Urban Planner - PP/AICP required
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20282-MM1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/21/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : Bachelor's in Urban Planning
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Urban Planner to perform advanced professional work related to variety of planning assignments (master planning, zoning amendments, land use planning, affordable housing, urban design and conceptual plans, redevelopment for private and municipal clinets, etc.)
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals.
- Reviews and processes complex comprehensive plan amendments, rezoning, site plans.
- Prepares and develops responses to Request for Proposals. (RFP's)
- Adept at preparing and presenting technical reports/graphics to policy making bodies.
- Conducts research and prepares statistical reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues.
- Prepares planning studies and testimony for land development applications.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards and elected officials.
- Supervises more junior planners within organization.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning or closely related discipline from an accredited program.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive responsibility in comprehensive planning.
- Experience facilitating public meetings and preparing and presenting reports and proposals using verbal, written, and graphic presentation skills.
- Experience in preparing redevelopment studies and plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Adobe Design Suite, GIS computer experience or similar is desired.
- Must be a strong communicator that possess experience in structuring and facilitating community engagement processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A strong-sense of teamwork.
- New Jersey Professional Planning License (P.P.) required.
- AICP Certification required.
Contact: Mark Manz