Shipping / Material Control Handler
Location : West Hartford CT US 06107
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20875-MM1
Compensation : 35000.00 - 40000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/27/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Shipping / Material Control Handler who verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepare items for shipment by performing the following duties to Safety, Quality and Productivity standards.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and adhere to established Safety Procedures, report safety issues to department leadership.
- Verify outgoing product, prior to packaging, to ensure compliance with order specific notes.
- Prepare and pack product properly to shipping procedures.
- Prepare shipping documents (Commercial Invoices, USMCA, Certificate of Origin, Non-Wood Form, Israeli Certificate of Origin, CAFTA).
- Access AES.gov for SED Filing.
- Navigate doing business.com to ensure proper shipping requirements by country.
- Access ERP system for detailed order information.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to shipping via customer notes.
- Operate Shipping Carrier online software (UPS, FedEx, DHL, TMA Quoting Platform, etc.).
- Unload trucks at receiving dock.
- Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments.
- Reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with Purchasing to rectify any known issues.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey materials to proper departments or areas.
- Maintain clean work area and contribute to 6S activities.
- Maintain required packaging materials and department supplies.
- Support team job functions when directed.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in a warehouse environment preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of manufacturing principles preferred.
Contact: Mark Manz