Software Engineer - High Performance Computing
Location : Ewing Township NJ US 08618
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20242-MM1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/01/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Software Engineer to perform research and development projects in the areas of High Performance Computing (HPC) and Computational Mechanics.
- Assist with the design and implementation of state-of-the-art algorithms and data structures.
- Design and implementation of software frameworks and libraries.
- Design and implementation of user interfaces, code hardening, formal software profiling and performance optimization.
- Responsible for formal software verification and testing.
- Responsible for writing user manuals, tutorials, and installation guides.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- MS/PhD in computer science is a strong plus.
- Minimum 5 years of HPC (high performance computing) software engineering experience.
- Experience with design and implementation of mixed-language, MPI based software using C, C++, Fortran, and Python.
- Experience implementing some form of software build system (e.g. GNU Make, GNU Autotools, CMake) is required. Experience working in a UNIX/LINUX environment on HPC clusters.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new build systems as needed.
- Proficiency with Shell scripting and the use of PBS/Slurm resource allocation software.
- Ability to communicate with other engineers about optimizing or parallelizing in-house CFD and other codes.
Contact: Mark Manz