Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21004-AS-JC1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/26/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a SolidWorks Designer / Drafter to create 3D renderings and designs for custom furniture pieces in wood and metal.
- Responsible for taking client concepts and creating buildable CAD models.
- Generate hard copy drawings for internal and external approvals and purposes.
- Generate CAD drawings and models including: renderings, client facing drawings, final drawings for approval, shop drawings, and drawings for purchased component parts.
- File and document drawings for ease of retrieval.
- Generate Bills of Materials (BOM’s) for job related purchased parts.
- Send and track internally approved drawings to clients for interim and final approval.
- Load relevant information into project management system.
- Track and document any change orders.
- Provide information to Accounting on change orders for invoicing to clients.
- Responsible for overall CAD system performance, reliability and upgrades.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience with SolidWorks for 3D design.
- Experience with design for wood and metal parts.
- Experience with architectural or furniture design.
- Experience with creating BOMs and assembly drawings.
- Experience with rendering 3D models is a plus.
- Ability to interact with supervision of craftsmen and subcontractors.
- Desire to become part of an integrated team for a career to create custom furniture pieces.
Contact: Alex Salewycz