Stockroom / Shipping Associate
Location : Edison NJ US 08820
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20362-MM1
Compensation : open - 15-18/h
Start Date : 11/06/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Warehouse Associate responsible for performing various duties and activities required to support shipping and stockroom functions and objectives.
- This role will include various outbound stockroom duties and shipping clerk duties to help expedite and ensure proper shipping of finished products.
- Receives material into the stockroom.
- Help with packs and stores per written procedures.
- Maintains order or parts in stockroom and document files.
- Work independently to perform daily cycle counts based on system generated reports.
- Organize parts and pertaining documentation as per picklist upon due date of shipments.
- Maintain up-to-date labels and barcode information.
- Assist other departments in plant with shipping information.
- Assist other stockroom employees as necessary.
- Creation of Shipment paperwork for internal and external customers.
- Filing of shipping documents per established procedures.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a warehouse or stockroom, shipping experience preferred.
- Experience in shipping hazardous materials a strong plus.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and ability to research and resolve discrepancies.
- Must be organized, capable of multitasking and setting priorities.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate across all functions and with all levels of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and ambitious.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Must have strong computer skills.
Contact: Mark Manz