Location : Charlotte NC US 28202
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20368-NC-MK1
Compensation : open - 80-100k
Start Date : 11/19/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Structural Designer to prepare steel and concrete structural layouts and connection details using AutoCAD and BIM (Revit) software.
- Develop and modify MEP support structure design and steel shop drawings based on engineer's markups.
- Review and organize multidisciplinary construction drawings received from clients, consultants, and company contacts. Identify clashes, conflicts and incomplete design information.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineers and contractors to complete well-coordinated structural drawing sets.
- Manage and update drawing templates and the library of details and components for efficient and accurate project submission.
- Prepare simple structure connection design calculations to be included in the submittal package.
- Assist with project review, kick-off meetings, customer contact, and other job control functions.
- Multitask within various ongoing drafting services and optimize the workflow to meet deadlines.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years of structure related drafting experience.
- Experience with structural and mechanical design for commercial construction industry is preferred.
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary construction documents and drawings (Structural, Mechanical, Architectural, Plant/Facility).
- Working knowledge of various construction types and building methods (steel, concrete, cold form steel, masonry) preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Contact: Monique Kleiman