Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19749-AS1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/11/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Structural Engineer responsible for performing structural and mechanical design, analysis and engineering of Air Cooled Condensers (ACC) for power plants in compliance with the US and International Building Codes.
- Integrate into existing multi-disciplinary team designing state-of-the-art air-cooled condensers for power plants worldwide.
- Propose, design, and validate new ways of optimizing and reducing the total amount of structural material in a power plant cooling system to reduce the overall cost of the system.
- Load Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) and Allowable Stress Design (ASD).
- Design for lateral loads (i.e. wind and earthquakes).
- Foundation loading calculations.
- Detail structural steel connection design.
- Mechanical design and flex analysis for piping and ducting, including expansion bellows.
- Work with field teams to understand construction and assembly needs and develop immediate solutions and roadmaps to reduce time and cost of equipment installation.
- Work with suppliers and manufacturers to develop designs to ensure ease of manufacture.
- Specify and document structural and mechanical systems for design & drafting by others.
Required Qualifications :
- BS / MS in Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license (or passed the FE Exam) and/or ability/desire to obtain the same.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar engineering role.
- Experience performing static and dynamic design calculation and analysis of steel structures, tanks, and steam exhaust ducting and piping (pipe stress analysis).
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering, fabrication, and construction.
- Familiarity with design codes including IBC, AISC, ASME Section VIII, and B31.1.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and MS Office.
- Knowledge with various engineering software such as STAAD Pro, Caesar II, and PV Elite.
Contact: Alex Salewycz