Supplier Quality Engineer
Location : Bridgewater NJ US 08807
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20230-AS1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/22/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Supplier Quality Engineer responsible for ensuring all quality standards for products are met prior to shipment to the company.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Investigate and conducts tests or experiments in resolving product performance issues.
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and develop an improvement plan.
- Work with suppliers to identify and address root causes, create corrective action plans, and ensure projects are driven to completion.
- Makes independent risk-based decision when faced with releasing non-conforming products.
- Employ 8D, 5Why's and other Lean tools to enhance Supplier Quality and productivity.
- Participate in Lean activities including Kaizen events, 6S audits.
- Evaluate our current-state approach and results and define and implement innovative approaches to improve quality through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls.
- Maintain Supplier Quality metrics and report to the Management Team.
- Perform Supplier Source Inspections where required.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in mechanical and electrical engineering fields.
- Devises sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Conduct internal Quality system audits and be involved with CAPA projects.
- Conduct training sessions on quality control activities to help develop skills of other team members.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Experience with quality analysis tools such as 8D, PPAP, FAI, PFMEA, etc.
- Experience in developing part qualification processes and supplier quality measures
- ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional or Quality Engineer a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Supplier Quality oriented role within a manufacturing environment (Certified to ISO9001, AS9100, or IATF16949 preferred).
- Experience with SolidWorks of CATIA is a plus.
Contact: Alex Salewycz