Supplier Quality Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19843-JF1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/24/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Supplier Quality engineer responsible for overall quality of the company's suppliers.
- Determine and improve (current) Quality practices, techniques and processes for the company's Supplier community.
- Evaluate, improve and implement Supplier Quality Manual and associated SOPs, Work Instructions and other quality documentation.
- Maintain and Upgrade Approved Supplier Lists.
- Maintain, Report and Manage Supplier Quality Report Cards.
- Visit, Communicate and Teach current company Requirements & Practices to the Supplier community.
- Perform Supplier Quality Surveys and Audits. Create, Track and Close Supplier Corrective Actions.
- Investigate manufacturing hardware and engineering parts discrepancies.
- Assist with investigative procedures on customer complaints and advise Quality Management on technical matters complaints and/or when directed and work closely with customer representatives to solve problems relative to complaints.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Production Control, Quality Assurance and other business entities for process improvement in a professional manner.
- Assist the Quality Management with other departmental administrative functions, e.g. employee performance appraisals, wage and salary administrative procedures, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining quality control records and preparing reports incidental to the procedures and functions of the department.
- Comply with company policies and practices, administer work rules and regulations.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering, or equivalent actual experience, with additional training in areas such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Shop inspection practices.
- Deep understanding of ISO9001, AS9100C. (NQA-1 and ASME a plus).
- Minimum 2 years supplier quality auditing experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience in various engineering phases, production and/or manufacturing engineering, quality control and reliability engineering.
- ASQ Certification and/or experience with lean manufacturing techniques and the use of Six Sigma tools is desired.
Contact: John Forsatz