Supply Chain Manager
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 19873-MM1
Compensation : open - 45-50/h
Start Date : 07/09/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Supply Chain Manager responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic and tactical directives.
- Provide leadership from a purchasing, planning and warehouse/stock room management perspective.
- Deliver savings targets and supporting other cost reduction initiatives, with process development and execution throughout the Operations organization.
- Oversee material requirements planning, purchasing, warehousing, shipping and receiving areas.
- Plan and coordinate activities to schedule, procure, receive and store materials.
- Coordinate department activities and works collaboratively with other functions including Contracts & Programs, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and other company locations, etc.
- Monitor inventory availability and movement of materials, supplies and services to meet production and delivery schedules.
- Evaluate inventory and production capacities and plans in relation to current and long range commitments.
- Works continuously to improve relevant processes and minimize COPQ.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in purchasing, production control and supply chain within an aerospace environment.
- Must have strong costing, analytical, project management, change management, and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (IFS, SAP etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR and CPSR requirements.
- Experience negotiating purchase orders, including blanket and long term agreements.
- Experience with both Master and Project scheduling.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain security clearance as position is with a defense contractor.
- Certifications: APICS, CPM or CPCM and/or Black Belt preferred; Green Belt a plus.
Contact: Mark Manz