Surveyor Project Manager
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20721-AS1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/16/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : AAS or BS Surveying
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Surveyor Project Manager to provide management and administrative support services for boundary, title and ALTA surveys, aerial and topographic surveys utility locations including pipe inverts and sizes, utility surveys, wetland location surveys, construction layout, and right-of-way surveys.
- Review, approve and seal calculations, technical documents, and drawings.
- Quality assurance/quality control review of all survey documents, including survey plans, record plots, legal descriptions, and construction layout services.
- Project site visits and/or periodic field observation as required.
- Attend and participate in municipal hearings and all necessary client meetings.
- Interact/communicate positively with the public, elected officials, clients, contractors, and team members in a timely and professional manner.
- Take the lead in subdivision and site plan projects, directing engineers, environmentalists etc. with regards to deadlines and deliverables. Attend Board meetings as necessary.
- Monitor project schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Communicate job progress to branch manager, in particular, in relation to any potential issues with timelines and/or budgets.
- Provide guidance to all internal departments regarding survey related project barriers.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients to provide VNHA services for site design.
- Proposal preparation including project approach, scope of services, and fees.
- Participate in business development/networking activities when appropriate and assist with the preparation of marketing materials.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS or BS Surveying or related field preferred but not required.
- NJ Professional Land Surveyor’s License.
- NJ Professional Planning License.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in land surveying project and contract management.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of field and office survey operations and procedures, including equipment, legal requirements, boundary analysis and resolution, ALTA requirements, local subdivision, and zoning requirements.
- Proficient in current survey technologies including robotic total stations, GPS, 3D Scanning
- Experience in supervising and directing survey crews and technicians.
- Ability to manage projects effectively, multitask, and prioritize workflow to satisfy multiple project schedules, deadlines, and budgets simultaneously.
- Exceptional client and contractor relationship management skills.
Contact: Alex Salewycz