System Test Engineer, Aerospace - Hiring during COVID
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20040-MM1
Compensation : open - 50-65/h
Start Date : 11/27/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a System Test Engineer responsible for all aspects of avionics testing.
- Seek innovative solutions using the latest tools and technology to improve test equipment concepts, practices, and procedures within the department.
- Responsible for interfacing with internal and external test labs.
- Support customer-funded contracts as well as IR&D-funded contracts.
- Requires working knowledge of addressing MIL-STD-810 and DO-160 test standards.
- Establish requirements for all test equipment and ensures design conforms to proper procedures and standards.
- Plan workload for upcoming qualification tests.
- Coordinate test activities with the Test Engineering Manager to achieve targeted goals within budgeted use of resources.
- Write qualification test plans and reports.
- Guide and instruct Designers in needs and requirements of load and vibration fixtures.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physical Sciences
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience with test engineering (requirements development, test design, qualification testing, automation, etc.).
- Root cause and correction action experience.
- Design of Experiments experience preferred.
- Experience in Aerospace & Defense required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available as position is with a defense contractor.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain or already have a DOD Security Clearance.
Contact: Mark Manz