Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20490-MK1
Compensation : open - 90-120k
Start Date : 03/18/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-6
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Systems Engineer responsible for systems engineering management plans, product requirements, system safety, and reliability analysis and documents.
- Ensure work products are produced and maintained in accordance to budgeted hours and schedule.
- Alert management (program manager) in the event budget or schedule over-run is predicted.
- Coordinate the creation of requirements tracing in DOORS.
- Generate and maintain engineering documents.
- Perform and complete SDRLs and other documents regarding system requirements, safety, reliability, traceability, plans, and other related systems engineering deliverables.
- Maintain and improve tracking and reporting of requirements changes by informing program team members in writing.
- Ensure accuracy of engineering, SDRL, and requirements related documents by review and commenting.
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner to Engineering Manager, Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager.
- Manage all duties per ISO 9000: Procedure 4.1 Design Control.
- Supervision and oversight of other engineers and engineering assistants, documentation personnel, design and test personnel on project activities as required.
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the organization (as required).
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory and internal system requirements.
- Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization.
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. and support actions to drive company initiatives/goals.
- Assist in the training of personnel to perform required technical tasks (as directed.)
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering is required.
- Minimum 2-6 years experience in mechanical, electrical, software or applicable systems engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel. Highly computer literate, with MS Office expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- IBM Rational DOORS experience.
- Ability to create and maintain DOORS modules and project structures and attributes.
- Experience with reliability and safety analyses of electronics and hardware.
- Experience with software requirements management and tracing.
- Electronic Parts Management experience is a plus.
- MatLab and Simulink feedback control system model operation is a plus.
- Brushless DC motor experience is a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman