Systems Engineer - HPC Systems
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 21086-AB-JT1
Compensation : open - $45-47/h
Start Date : 06/29/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Systems Engineer to architect appropriate high performance computing solutions, by collaborating with Computer Science Department and Research Computing end users.
- Troubleshooting of systems, OS, and network problems.
- Develops, tests, implements, installs, and maintains the OS and related software for proper server system operation.
- Troubleshoot and maintain cyber-security issues pertaining to internal and external firewall and system configurations and settings to meet government cyber security requirements. and also provide consistent and secure networking lab-wide.
- Incident response, information security remediation and audit are also responsibilities of the position.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing High Performance Computing environment.
- Knowledge of parallel file systems (such as Ceph) and high speed interconnects (Infiniband,ethernet fabrics).
- Strong knowledge of job scheduling technology, such as SLURM.
- Strong multitasking and oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with configuration management systems, such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with automated deployment systems (e.g. Cobbler).
- Ability to work with and follow guidelines set forth in security benchmarks, such as CIS.
- Ability to implement technical solutions for specialized software and research data requirements.
- General knowledge of network engineering.
Contact: John Terkovich