Technical Product Manager, Chemicals
Location : Lyndhurst NJ US 07071
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20389-AB1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/10/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Food
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Technical Product Manager to help achieve the wax additive sales targets by managing product lifecycle, including R&D, Commercial, Manufacturing Scale-up to withdrawal.
- Responsible for wax products Profit & Loss (P&L).
- Manage new product pricing, price requests and price strategies using financial analysis and business sense.
- Interface with supply chain and manufacturing to support the Material Resource Planning Process.
- Create and update data sheets, technical promotion and other marketing tools by interfacing with the marketing team.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the customer complaint process
- Maintain relationships with key strategic customers with in-person visits with the sales team as needed to develop and grow the business.
- Oversee and direct activities of Manufacturing Technician.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- MBA or other Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in Sales, Marketing or Product Management.
- Experience with specialty performance additives and/or coatings. Knowledge of waxes is ideal.
- Entrepreneurial with knowledge of marketing including OEM customers, competitors, product positioning and strategic and value pricing.
- Experience with and market knowledge of Can & Coil Coatings, Industrial Coatings, Powder Coatings & Inks.
- Strategic project management, program management and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to improve manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Technical acumen to analyze data, solve problems and provide recommendations.
- Computer skills including PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Up to 10% travel to manufacturing plants, customer site meetings, and trade shows.
Contact: Allan Berman