Technical Service Associate
Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19684-JF1
Compensation : 40000.00 - 50000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Technical Service Associate to develop and maintain technical customer service proficiency for mechanical equipment.
- Support technical inquiries in a prompt, accurate manner.
- Communicate with customers, representatives or service technicians via telephone and email concerning product and service issues.
- Share technical & customer services information with applicable team members and Engineering, as required.
- Maintain technical customer support interaction with designated personnel.
- Recommend and assist in development of procedures (technical, not IT) for website to improve Technical Service.
- Input customer, technical data, and service call reports into company CRM program.
- Provide engineering with data on parts and products as required for improvements, corrective action, upgrades, cost reduction, performance optimization, etc.
- Support field service organizations for mechanical products with training and seminars.
- Assist Technical Service team in developing the network as required for effective coverage in the US and Canada.
- Participate in the RMA product returns procedure to insure customer satisfaction, product quality and warranty expectations are met.
- Occasional domestic travel to repair equipment in the field.
- Provide engineering with information on field installation, usage and maintenance of prototypes, first articles, production parts and products.
- Monitor and report on beta testing.
- Review technical literature for accuracy and efficacy.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical, customer support role.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical products. Experience with multi meter equipment, basic electrical and plumbing knowledge.
- Hands on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to be a team player by actively participating in assigned teams as well as intercompany, cross-functional and/or special committees.
- Works with heavy equipment and hand tools. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required wearing safety glasses and utilizing other safety equipment as required.
Contact: John Forsatz