Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19679-JF1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Technical Writer and Graphic Designer to produce high quality installation manuals, sales materials and other documents supplied to customers for mechanical products.
- Work with an internal team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation to apply safety standards.
- Work with legal consultants to optimize document risk management with safety warnings.
- Produce high-quality documentation that integrates existing CAD files and create new drawings to support documentation.
- Work with purchasing department with artwork files, binding & printing specifications and artwork approvals.
- Create and maintain a document archive.
- Work with engineering to design product labeling.
- Schedule projects and manage project budgets.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists and management on design concepts.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience in technical writing of software documentation and graphic designing.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and images and diagrams.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with graphic design and layout skills (provide portfolio for interview).
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.).
- Highly proficient in all design aspects.
Contact: John Forsatz
Date Posted: 1/18/19