Test Equipment Design Engineer - Aerospace
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20676-MM1
Compensation : 125000.00 - 135000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/17/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Test Equipment Design Engineer responsible for all aspects of design and development of test equipment.
- Seek innovative solutions using the latest tools and technology to improve test equipment concepts, practices, and procedures within the department.
- Establishes requirements for automated test equipment and ensures design conforms to proper specifications, procedures, and standards
- Plans workload for upcoming qualification tests
- Coordinates test activities with the Test Equipment Engineering Manager to achieve targeted goals within budgeted use of resources
- LabVIEW programming experience
- Writes qualification test plans and reports
- Guides and instructs Designers in need/requirements of load and vibration fixtures
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to team
- Ensures departmental cleanliness is maintained (5S/LEAN) at all times
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction with both internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with local test labs to ensure testing needs are met
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering - Electrical preferred
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience with test engineering (requirements development, test design, qualification testing, automation, etc.).
- Must have experience in systems engineering, circuit/hardware design, and some software programming
- Root cause and correction action experience.
- Design of Experiments experience preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available as position is with a defense contractor.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain or already have a DOD Security Clearance.
Contact: Mark Manz