Location : South Plainfield NJ US 07080
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20904-MM1
Compensation : open - 70-75k
Start Date : 02/15/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : AAS Electronics Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Telecom
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Test Technician to configure and troubleshoot communication devices, solar inverters, and network equipment for optimal operation.
- Screen, repair, and refurbish equipment in support of RMA requests.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Work in coordination and following requirements from NOC.
- Provide feedback to NOC and management of the findings during testing, repairs and field visits.
- Provide management feedback of communications with customers.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Document processes.
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Work with customer and internal field support resources to coordinate on-site commissioning and installation
- Train customer teams on products and installation techniques and processes.
- Prepares status reports for management and modifies schedules or plans as required.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS EET or certification in Electrical Engineering or related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial/utility/public works and/or telecommunications design/support (renewable energy project experience is a plus).
- Proven field service experience
- Ability to follow procedures and recommend improvements based on service experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications.
- Experience in the overall aspects of design engineering, construction, start-up/commissioning, and subsequent O&M of energy projects.
- Experience and proven ability to configure/deploy embedded controllers and/or wireless routers and power line communication devices.
- Knowledge and experience in system protection, system planning, voltage control, metering and automation concepts, NEC, NESC, GIS, and SCADA.
- Experience with Solar and Smart Grid solutions strongly desired.
- Specific experience in the design, evaluation and operation of distributed PV solar technologies preferred.
- Power transmission and distribution systems experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a power generating environment is preferred.
Contact: Mark Manz