Location : Bergen County, NJ
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19809-BZ1
Compensation : 72000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 05/07/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Urban Planning
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Urban Planner to assist with the preparation of redevelopment plans and amendments, administrative amendments to regulations, public notices, recommendations with respect to variances and special exceptions and Commission resolutions.
- Review development applications and enforce District zoning regulations.
- Involved in site inspections with ability to climb, traverse rough terrain, and withstand exposure to inclement weather.
- Position involves interaction with the public, other professionals, and public officials regarding projects in the District and District regulations.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Urban Planning or related field is required.
- PP/AICP preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant prior work experience.
- Working knowledge of New Jersey's affordable housing requirements.
- Due to the nature of this position, which requires frequent interactions with the public, candidates shall possess exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- All qualified candidates must be residents of New Jersey or establish residency within 1 year of employment.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky