VP, Engineering & Tooling
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20995-AS1
Compensation : 175000.00 - 200000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/13/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Vice President of Engineering and Tooling to manages company engineering, tool fabrication, and new product development departments and teams.
- Responsible for technical support to the sales team.
- Responsible for keeping the departments on the cutting edge of technology.
- Manage company engineering, tooling and technical activities, to ensure that tooling programs are within budget and on schedule.
- Responsible for efficient staffing, where staff is trained and supervised to perform their assignments.
- Maintain a healthy team environment that creates a climate for effective commercial engineering and tooling innovation.
- Responsible for all quoting activity of new programs in support of sales.
- Coordinate company engineering activities with manufacturing functions.
- Work closely with manufacturing for the orderly transfer of new tooling from engineering to manufacturing.
- Aid manufacturing in the development of cost-effective manufacturing techniques.
- Lead in the development of make or buy decisions in all tooling programs.
- Selects vendors and develops an awareness of related advanced technologies and how they may be applied to improving performance and reducing the cost of the company’s tooling.
- Member of the executive team which is responsible for the development of company policies and plans.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Requires superior analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a medium to high volume stamping manufacturing environment with design and die building capacity.
- Must be knowledgeable in the design and build of progressive carbide dies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers regarding tooling and related processes.
- Ability to provide support to technical sales
- Requires strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated decision-making capability.
- Good communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Must be proficient with Windows-based PC skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- ISO / QS / TS knowledge preferred.
Contact: Alex Salewycz