Water Treatment Technician
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19662-DE1
Compensation : 42000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Water Treatment Technician responsible for various assignments in the Distribution, Treatment, Fleet Maintenance, and Facility Maintenance subdivisions.
- Responsible for driving a dump truck requiring a New Jersey Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B, with air brake endorsement.
- Responsible for basic water quality sampling and monitoring.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance, inspection, and repair of treatment and pumping/storage equipment, tanks, pumps, processes, industrial controls, and other related treatment and pumping/storage equipment and facilities.
- Maintain, inspect and repair distribution mains, service lines, fire hydrants, valves, valve boxes, curb boxes, pavement, meters and other related distribution equipment and facilities.
- Operate tow equipment and trailers.
- Operate a snow plow, vacuum truck, crane truck and dump trucks.
- Use various hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Maintain, inspect and repair Authority buildings and grounds, including changing of light bulbs, cleaning, painting, grass cutting, hedge trimming and snow/ice removal and related assignments.
- Maintain, inspect and repair Authority vehicles and equipment.
- Work assignments in the ambient atmosphere including extreme cold, hot, wet or other inclement weather conditions.
- Scheduled, on an as needed basis, 24/7 standby duties with an approximate 45 minute response time.
- Scheduled work assignments and non-scheduled emergency call-outs, on non-standard work days and/or work hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Response to emergency call outs is a core function of this position.
- The position will be required to attend professional development training or other courses located in New Jersey or surrounding areas.
Required Qualifications :
- Requires a US accredited high school diploma or equivalent or higher level degree or certification preferred.
- Requires a valid New Jersey CDL, Class B, with air brake endorsement.
- Experience in the operation, maintenance, and/or repair of motors, pumps, hydrants and valves used in water, wastewater or industrial applications.
- Two positions, Level 1 and Level 2. Level 1 42-60k. Level 2 45-70k
Contact: Darren Elg